ALIGN WITH EARTH CONSCIOUSNESS
This half sleeve t-shirt is seamlessly knitted on a hand flat bed machine w/ hand-spun heirloom cotton yarn.
Fiber content :
100% Organic Indigenous non GMO Heirloom Varietal : Kala Cotton
What does it feel to wear Kala Cotton? It feels real in a way that only things which take the correct amount of time to mature and evolve can. It feels like everything unnecessary has been edited out and the only thing remaining is a very pure distilled sense of wisdom. It feels un rushed and nostalgic - like returning to something familiar which is more real than you remembered.
The history of cotton farming is often disassociated from the cotton clothing we wear these days.
Kala cotton is the back bone of our fiber portfolio - it is indigenous to the region Kutch located on the West Coast of India. It is by default organic. The farmers do not use any pesticides or synthetic fertilizers - they allow fields to lie fallow with cover crops to allow for soil remediation respecting the need for the land to regenerate and rotate the crops shifting from Kala Cotton to Pearl Barley and Castor throughout the year. Kala cotton is a non GMO seed - one of the oldest recorded strains of cotton - it is purely rain fed crop and does not require irrigation beyond natural rainfall. Most commodity cotton engages chemical pesticides - fertilizers and consumes lots of water resources to speed up the crop production to keep up market demands.
The cotton farmers we are engaged with have owned and worked their land for many generations. We are proud to be connected to this socially and ecologically regenerative farming practice. The colonial hangover has left a legacy of agrarian farmer distress involving perpetual debt cycles and despair. Kala Cotton as a material is a national treasure and a symbol of hope centering freedom, dignity and respect for the farmers at the foundation of our supply chain upholding valuable traditions.
Scientists holding research and development budgets previously focused on the study and promotion of long staple American varieties of cotton but the tides are changing and there is now growing acknowledgment that cotton indigenous to India are a viable natural fiber during the chapter we are living now of Climate Crisis due to their ability to grow on very little water - withstanding very high temperatures.
- The distinctive color is achieved through a careful blend of indigenous ingredients from the Indian landscape including : sappan wood, myrobalan flower, ferrous and tamrind seed solution
- Natural dyes are kinder for the health of your skin - the ingredients involved are safe enough to eat. Wearing naturally dyed organic cotton is a way to preserve the sacred space around your body as well as the environment we all live in.
- Handmade cloth and clothing contain the warmth of the human touch - they’re a record of our inherited heritage - holding up a mirror reflecting the beauty of what it means to be a natural imperfect human being. The unique low twisted texture of hand woven fabric sensorially connects the wearer to the makers that transform the raw material into fabric and the land it comes from.
- Noah is 6ft / 182cm and the shirt pictured here is : 28 inch / 71 cm length
- Do not bleach
- Iron or steam with warm heat
- Separately hand wash
The product will ship in 20 to 30 days after reception of your paid order. Delivery: All order will be delivered via Blue dart (or equivalent) in 2 to 3 business days.
However, if the product is wrongfully delivered (product doesn’t match the item in the order confirmation) or has a genuine quality/manufacturing defect then we are open to extending full refund or re-fulfilling your order. Your item(s) must be unused and in the same condition that you received it and must also be in the original packaging.
* Sale Items * - No Return: Items bought during Sale event are not eligilbe for return or exchange. All sales are final.